The Importance of Preventative Pediatric Dentistry Cleanings and Exams
If you are looking for pediatric dental cleanings and exams in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, it would be our pleasure to help you. At Peachtree Corners Dental Associates, we provide preventative pediatric dentistry services starting at age 3. Learn more about how our children’s dentistry services can help you, and give us a call to schedule an appointment.
What Is Preventative Pediatric Dentistry?
Preventative pediatric dentistry refers to all services that ensure your child’s mouth grows and develops appropriately. At the visit, several tasks will be completed. They include:
- We will examine your child’s teeth to ensure they come in correctly.
- We will take x-rays (if needed) to ensure we get a good view of everything happening underneath the surface.
- We will inspect your child’s mouth for any signs of acute oral health issues that need to be addressed.
- We will apply fluoride to your child’s teeth to prevent cavities from developing.
We will do everything we can to ensure your child is as comfortable as possible during the visit.
What Are the Benefits of Preventative Pediatric Dentistry?
There are several significant benefits of preventative pediatric dentistry services. They include:
- We can identify and rectify issues that may affect the permanent teeth.
- We may be able to treat problems early, leading to an improved prognosis.
- We can get your child in the habit of going to the dentist regularly, which will be an important practice later in life.
It would be our pleasure to provide you and your child with all of these benefits. We recommend that you bring your child for their first visit as soon as you see a tooth coming in. All major organizations, including the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, recommend that your child have their first visit by the age of one.
Call Peachtree Corners Dental Associates To Schedule an Appointment
At Peachtree Corners Dental Associates, we are proud to be led by Dr. Kristina Dawson. Who will do everything she can to ensure your child’s oral health is taken care of. Give us a call at (770) 501-6669 to schedule an appointment.