Cosmetic and Restorative Benefits of Porcelain Crowns
One of the greatest advantages of porcelain crowns is that they can be used for both cosmetic and restorative purposes. The resilience and longevity of dental porcelain make them an excellent option for repairing damaged teeth. Their beauty and natural-looking appearance make them cosmetically appealing. Porcelain crowns from Peachtree Corners Dental Associates, Peachtree Corners, Georgia, give you the best of both worlds by making your smile all it can be.
About Dental Crowns
Damaged teeth can make biting and chewing difficult due to pain and discomfort. Left untreated, these teeth can become frail and fragile, making them susceptible to decay and further damage. Dr. Kristina Dawson may recommend dental crown treatment to salvage a damaged tooth. Dental crowns are protective caps or coverings that cover damaged teeth to keep them intact. Porcelain crowns are particularly favored due to their strength and durability. Porcelain material closely resembles the color and sheen of natural tooth enamel, giving your crown a natural-looking appearance. Their aesthetic appeal makes porcelain crowns a good option for highly visible teeth.
How Crowns Are Used
Porcelain crowns can resolve both cosmetic and restorative problems with your teeth. Crowning a damaged tooth helps restore its strength, appearance, and usefulness for years. Porcelain crowns help:
- Alleviate painful chewing caused by damaged teeth
- Reinforce weak, worn, or fragile teeth to keep them from crumbling
- Repair and restore broken teeth so they can continue to be used
- Conceal tooth flaws or damage to enhance your smile’s appearance
- Restore severely decayed teeth and protect them from future infection
- Stabilize teeth that have undergone root canal therapy
- Provide stable, durable replacement teeth for dental implants
Porcelain crowns make great oral care investments as they can protect and preserve the beauty of your smile for years.
To see how you can benefit from dental crown treatment, contact Dr. Kristina Dawson from Peachtree Corners Dental Associates, Peachtree Corners, GA, at (770) 501-6669.