Implant Restorations, The Next Best Thing to Real Teeth
Your smile is too valuable to leave in a compromised state after losing natural teeth. The sooner you replace lost teeth, the sooner you can return to everyday living. Dental implants are an excellent choice for replacing lost teeth as they look, feel, and function like the real deal. You can learn more about dental implant restoration at Peachtree Corners Dental Associates in Peachtree Corners, Georgia.
About Implant Restorations
With implants, you have various options for restoring your smile’s function and beauty. For a single tooth replacement, Dr. Kristina Dawson will use a dental crown for your implant restoration. Additional restorations include an implant-supported bridge to replace several consecutive missing teeth and implant-supported dentures to replace an entire arch or all of your teeth.
Implants are composed of three parts:
- A titanium post that’s embedded into your jawbone surgically to act as your new tooth root. Over the course of 3-6 months, this post will integrate into your bone system, becoming the foundation for your replacement tooth.
- An abutment that connects your post to your restoration
- Depending on your need, a restoration in the form of a dental crown, bridge, or dentures.
Your restorations are firmly attached to the abutment and post for stability and support. This keeps your new teeth from slipping or shifting when in use. We’ll customize your restorations to give them a natural-looking, pleasing appearance.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the only restorations that replace tooth roots as well as missing teeth, giving you prosthetics that look, act, and feel like natural teeth. Implants give you:
- Improved chewing and clarity of speech so you can enjoy eating and socializing again
- Better oral health as implants keep natural teeth in alignment, preserve your bite, and keep your jawbone from deteriorating. Implants also facilitate dental hygiene to keep your teeth free of cavities.
- Easy maintenance and care as they only need daily brushing, flossing, and routine dental cleaning to stay in good shape.
To schedule a consultation for implant treatment, contact Peachtree Corners Dental Associates, Peachtree Corners, GA, at (770) 501-6669.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.